Saturday, 11 January 2014

The Empty Cymbal, Resounding Gong

Five years from now
who will remember your name,
and that it was linked with mine
with a thread of 'us' and 'we'.

Who will care that I cared
for you,
five years from now?

My subconscious strikes like a burglar
and mixes the weight of worlds, made only of stone
with a random patch of memory, a thread of smell,
the thoughts of you like fabric,
covering my head.

I would cover my head for you.
Not back then, but now I would,
now that I've seen the vastness of my freedom,
tasted my bright future, desolate of u in 'us.'

Forgetfulness,
shower me in your bliss!
Grant me forgiveness
but not another happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Inspired by this amazing merging of poetry and song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBEaw2GVPss

    ReplyDelete